Monday 23 June 2014

An Unnamed Relationship (Part-V)

Another Chance, please..???

What annoyed Tanya the most was the fact that Sahil was deceiving even himself. He was betraying his own soul. She could not find what her fault was. Why was she being punished for loving and trusting someone? That was the very first moment when Tanya thought that she was in love with the ‘wrong guy’. Maybe he had his own reasons for doing any such thing but this logic never satisfied Tanya. Soon, when they had a phone-call Tanya got to know about Sahil’s road accident when he was going home after that rude ‘no-you’re-my-nothing’ conversation with her. This filled her heart with guilt and she blamed herself for Sahil’s mental distraction. Tanya kept saying sorry but Sahil was now being sarcastic. He commented that she should not show concern as ‘he was her nothing’. Tanya felt that everything happened because of her but then she cross-questioned herself, “Why should I be sorry to an untrustworthy soul?”

Soon things settled and it was exactly 13 days after the incident when Sahil called Tanya and said, “I’ve to make a confession.”
“Go ahead”, replied Tanya knowing well where this was heading to.
“I was double-dating.”
"I know."
“I am sorry Tanya”, said Sahil with a guilty voice.
“I don’t need your sorry. I knew all this before you told me.” 
“As you wish but it’s just an advice Tanya that don’t ever treat a person like this when he confesses because it takes courage to speak the truth.” 
“This is not a confession Sahil. I’m getting to know things about you from other people which you were supposed to tell me earlier. I was only waiting to see how much time will you take to accept the reality and yes, why are you confessing this to me?”
“Because, I strongly feel that I was doing wrong to you. I was making you suffer because of me.” A single sentence and Tanya was speechless. She could understand that Sahil realized his mistake and this was what the most important part. She felt relaxed.

Emotions were taking a complete U-turn. It started with “I love you’s”; headed towards “No, I don’t love you” and then the final “You are my nothing” but was it really supposed to be like this? Earlier what appeared beautiful was now a burden which both of them were carrying. Tanya wanted to ask, “Can we start it all over again?” but she couldn’t muster up enough courage since a common friend made her realize that Sahil was losing his confidence because of her. Tanya kept on blaming herself for Sahil’s low self-esteem. She decided to just stay away….


To Be Continued...

2 comments: