Monday 30 June 2014

A scientist/technologist has a greater contribution to society than teachers/professors.

The Best.. Always..!!

Whether we like it or not, no matter what facts and figures we may quote but the truth remains the same that a teacher/professor has made a greater contribution to the society than a scientist/technologist. So I am strictly against the motion.

Now, to prove my point, I would first like to talk about the basic level. When a child gets admitted in a school he is sent there not with the aim of him becoming a scientist or a doctor but with a hope that he will become a good human being or perhaps a ‘man of virtues’--- someone with ethics and moral values and I guess I am not wrong if I say that these moral values and ethics are inculcated in a child by a teacher itself. In fact the most important point is that “Scientists don’t make teachers but teachers do make scientists.”

Well moving on let me mention an instance of REEL life first. I guess you all must have probably seen the movie Taare Zameen Par’. A film which beautifully portrayed a ‘student-teacher relationship’. It is worth mentioning that in the movie the important part was not that the child excelled in his field but that the child excelled because  his teacher saw in him that talent, that ability. That teacher was the one who found out what actually the child wanted to do. In fact I would like to ask you teachers a question that  don’t you feel like you make a really good nation as you are dealing with  the future of the nation, the building blocks of the society, the ‘YOUTH’.

In our REAL life also, India has had educationists like ‘Swami Vivekananda, C. Rajagopalachari, Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan’ who influenced the whole society by simply teaching the masses. They were the ones who always remembered the famous saying, “To reject didactic teaching is to reject teaching itself.” Now if I talk about society, I would like to mention a famous quote, “If a free society can’t help the many who are poor, it can never help the few who are rich.” My friends, ‘TEACHERS’ are the ones who reduce this difference of rich and poor. They are the ones who in every possible way teach that morality has its own way and of course they teach it better than any scientist. My worthy opponents, I won’t forget to mention about that highly dreadful disease ‘AIDS’. Your scientists have still not found a permanent solution for this big problem but our teachers; they are busy educating the masses about the ‘preventive measures’ of this disease.


At the end, I would like to wrap up my words by again emphasizing on the fact that “What a teacher does with his book is far better than what a scientist does with his tools.” It is something no one can ever compare.

17 comments:

  1. Might be but it made me win the first prize in debate so I guess it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be but it made me win the first prize in debate so I guess it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can make anyone win a first prize in debate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. So that ends the story!
      Anyway thank you so much for the review.:)

      Delete
    2. Yeah.. So that ends the story!
      Anyway thank you so much for the review.:)

      Delete
    3. It is really helpful for us

      Delete
  4. It is really helpful for us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good essay.no competition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome composition
    I Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was okay for debate... But as an essay it isn't as good as it could have been... But I did get two great points.. So thank you I guess..

    ReplyDelete